Most people who know me know that I don’t partake of alcoholic beverages. I credit that mainly to my upbringing. My parents never drank – they thought it was a sin. However, I don’t share that view. The Bible does not teach that drinking is sin. Jesus drank wine (and even produced some with His first miracle), and He was sinless. Therefore, drinking couldn’t be a sin. But I do believe that overindulging or even drinking to the point where one’s alertness is altered is indeed a sin. Still, I prefer to not drink at all in spite of my general adherence to the “all things in moderation” ideal. I just think that, for me, not drinking offers a greater upside than drinking does. Below I have listed some of the many advantages of being teetotaler.
1) You’ll never have to worry about waking up with a hangover.
2) Baring a medical issue, you’ll never wake up unaware of what happened the night before.
3) You’ll never have to worry about being arrested for DUI, assuming you don’t overdo the cough syrup or smoke weed.
4) Eating out is much cheaper.
5) Your overall grocery bill should be less than that of someone who drinks (soda, tea, juices, and bottled water are a lot less costly than beer and wine).
6) There will never be a time when you perceive an ugly girl/guy as attractive.
7) You’ll never have to worry about becoming an alcoholic.
8) You’ll never have to worry about how your prescription medicine interacts with alcohol.
9) You will throw up only due to medical issues and being grossed out.
10) You can always be a designated driver, but you’ll never need one.
11) You’ll never be subject to the regulations of the ‘A’ portion of the ATF.
12) Your liver should be good for at least 80 years.