The older I get, the more frustrated I become with idiot drivers. I wonder where and how some of these people got their driver’s licenses. I know for a fact that there are elementary school kids who could drive better than they. So, for the benefit of these drivers, I have posted some remedial driving tips below. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, some idiot driver will read them and take them to heart.
1) Use your turn signal before turning or changing lanes. Don't wait until you have already begun to make the turn or lane change. Otherwise, don’t bother.
2) Do not turn left after your arrow or light turns red. That means stop. Also, do not even turn left on a green light if other vehicles are coming straight through the intersection.
3) When you are going straight through an intersection or turning right and your light turns green, that means go. When you are turning left and your left arrow turns green, that means go.
4) Even if you are in a state that allows you to turn right on red, you are still required to come to a complete stop before turning – and you must yield to vehicles coming from your left.
5) Don’t stay in the far left lane if you are determined to drive 5 or more MPH below the speed limit. You are impeding traffic. Move over to your right.
6) Just because you are driving in the far left lane doesn’t give you a right to speed. You must still obey posted speed limits.
7) Don’t pull out from a side road or driveway if it is likely you going to force someone else to hit their brakes.
8) A yellow light doesn’t mean speed up.
9) A soon as you see a sign indicating that your lane is going to end, begin attempting to merge into another lane. Don’t race past drivers in the other lane(s) and then expect them to let you in at the last minute.
10) It is never acceptable to drive on the median or shoulder unless directed to do so by a traffic sign or police officer.
11) A stop sign still means stop, even when you are turning right.
12) Tailgating is something that needs to be confined to football stadium parking lots.