I am now 53 years old. Even if I end up living to 100, my life is already more than half over. If live to what is currently the life expectancy for an American man, 76, then my life is about 70% over. That’s a sobering reality. That means I need to use my remaining time wisely and constructively. It also means there are certain things I don’t have time for anymore. Life is just too short for them anyway. I have listed some of them below:
1) Living in the past and/or regretting past mistakes and missed opportunities.
2) Holding grudges.
3) Fretting over financial decisions/Being a cheapskate.
4) Worrying about what other people may think of me.
5) Comforting myself with food.
6) Fuming over things that have nothing to do with me.
7) Staying up late at night surfing the Web.
8) Carrying my work home with me in my mind.
9) Being too concerned about sports results.
10) Getting angry or upset when things occasionally go wrong, especially the small stuff.
11) Reveling in or admiring previous successes.
12) Having a pity party/Feeling sorry for myself.