They say change is a part of life. This is quite true. Indeed, it is a fact of life. We see changes occurring around us on a daily basis. We even see change when we look in the mirror. However, there are a few things that don’t seem to change. I am now 53 years old, yet there some things that have not changed since I was born. Below is a small list:
1) Queen Elizabeth II is still Queen of England.
2) The design of the U.S dollar bill has not changed (although all the other U.S. bills have).
3) The United States still consists of 50 states, and there are still 50 stars on the U.S. flag.
4) All of the state capitals have remained the same.
5) The Democrats and Republicans are still the only two major U.S. political parties.
6) There is still no major professional sports team in Virginia.
7) New York City is still the most populous city in the U.S.
8) California is still the most populous state in the U.S.
9) The Chicago Cubs have still not made it to the World Series.
10) It is still true that no college team in Virginia has ever won a Division 1A football championship, Division I basketball championship, or Division I baseball championship.
11) The FCC still regulates the content of broadcast television.
12) There are still 435 U.S. Congressmen and 100 U.S. Senators.
13) Although there are now hundreds of TV channels available via cable and satellite, our options for network-affiliated broadcast channels are still limited to those in our local market.
14) The NFL, unlike the other major sports leagues, has still not expanded outside the United States.
15) There are still no commercial flights to the moon.