Both of the major U.S. political parties appear to be okay with having freaks and extremists within their ranks. Sometimes, they even seem to approve of and encourage the drivel that these people spout. Even when they disavow or criticize such nonsense, they do so in a half-hearted manner.
Instead, Republicans and Democrats alike should be forthright and proactively disassociate themselves from certain types of people. They should make it abundantly clear that they don’t want support or votes from anyone who:
1) Believes President Obama is a terrorist, a Muslim, a Nazi, and/or a communist.
2) Accuses George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, et al. of being war criminals.
3) Is afraid that the black helicopters will soon be coming to take their guns away.
4) Thinks the 9/11 terrorist attacks were part of some sinister U.S. government conspiracy.
5) Doubts that President Obama was really born in Hawaii.
6) Is a holocaust denier.
7) Still thinks that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
8) Believes Lyndon Johnson was somehow culpable for John F. Kennedy’s assassination.
9) Thinks HIV/AIDS was created by the government to kill off minorities.
10) Thinks Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11.
11) Believes the moon landings were all part of a giant hoax.
12) Thinks the government will someday attempt to euthanize the elderly.
13) Believes H1N1 shots may contain something intentionally malicious.
14) Believes a second U.S. civil war is just around the corner.
15) Argues that little or no progress has been made on the civil rights front over the last 50 years, and that minorities and women are still being artificially “held down” by while males.
16) Is convinced that the newly-enacted healthcare legislation will have imminent, catastrophic consequences.
17) Is actively trying to identify the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast.
18) Believes the U.S. is in collusion with Israel to destroy all Muslims and occupy their homeland for its oil.
19) Believes the Clintons have had some of their political enemies “offed” (killed).
20) Suspects most gun enthusiasts of secretly aspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.