Do you ever wish for something and then feel guilty about it later, especially if you get your wish? I do this a lot. I try to be careful what I wish for, but I still seem to fall into the same old trap of wishing for things that I will feel guilty about wishing for later. I guess I never learn. I’m sure there are many others who don’t either. Anyway, below I have listed (in no particular order) some of the things that people often wish for, only to feel guilty about them later. I am guilty only of the first four (or at least those are all that I am willing to admit to).
1) For summer to be over so football season can begin.
2) For inclement weather so you can stay home and sleep in instead of going to school or work.
3) For the preacher to hurry up and bring his sermon to an end so you can go home and eat and/or watch a sporting event on TV.
4) For an incorrigible coworker to quit or get laid off so you won’t have to deal with them anymore.
5) For your kids to grow up quickly and get out of the house so you can have a little more freedom again.
6) For your relatives to decide not to visit you this summer.
7) For your aging parents to move to a retirement home.
8) For something bad to happen to someone you dislike.
9) For the star player on the other team to get injured just before or during the game against your team.
10) For a traffic jam so you can have an excuse for being late to work.